If you haven’t taken a CS data structures class but are familiar with programming using languages like C/C++/Java, or even Python/Ruby, you might be able to catch up by going through these tutorials:
- Hashing Tutorial – A Java-based interactive tutorial on hashing from the Virginia Tech Algorithm Visualization Research Group.
- Binary Trees – C/C++ and Java binary tree tutorial, with questions and answers, by Nick Parlante of Stanford.
- Algorithm Complexity, or Big-O, or O(n)
- A Gentle Introduction to Algorithm Complexity Analysis – a Python-based tutorial, with questions and answers on Big-O.
- Big-O Cheat Sheet – this is amazing and should be printed out on poster-size paper and nailed to the wall you stare at the most.